Privacy Notice – Updated 8 May 2018
Career Concierge Limited (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) was established in 2005 and is a consultancy providing transition advice to aspiring career changers and entrepreneurs. It is solely owned by Rikke Hansen, who is currently residing in the United Kingdom.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use our websites, free resources and/or paid services.
This privacy notice covers our websites www.rikke.me, www.yourcareerchangemap.com and www.careeronyourterms.com and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. Your privacy is very important to us.
We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically.
Career Concierge Limited is the data controller that resides in 105 Marina, St Leonards On Sea, TN38 0BP, East Sussex, United Kingdom. You can email us at email@example.com.
We use your data to provide and improve our site and services. By using the site, our free resources and/ or services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
DATA WE COLLECT
While using our site, free resources and/or professional services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics relevant to products or services you purchased or the webinar(s) video(s) or other resource(s) that you opted in to receive. You may opt out of these emails at any time. Visit the Your Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- We may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our products and services on our site and on other sites.
- We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. Please note that we have chosen well-known and well-respected service providers for all of our services to protect your data.
We will share your information in the following ways:
With third party service providers, agents, or contractors.
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf.
We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We currently use the following Service Providers:
Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
– for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
We currently use Facebook ads as our preferred paid advertising method.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience programme which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively. We provide Personal Information such as your email address to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
We currently use Stripe.com as our payment provider.
Email,Webinar & Marketing Service Providers:
We currently use Active Campaign to store all subscriber and customer contact details and to send out emails. Every time you click a link in one of our emails, we will also be tracking the subject you therefore showed interest in, so we can better decide what future videos, blogs or products to develop to better serve you.
Every time we send you an email using Active Campaign there will be an “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email – Clicking that link will instantly unsubscribe you from all future communications.
We currently use Clickfunnels.com to provide us with additional opt-in pages to sign up for webinars, masterclasses and other free and/or paid resources.
When you sign up for a webinar, your data will be shared with our current webinar platform Service Provider Go To Webinar.
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Career Concierge Limited will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Career Concierge Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. There will always be an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails in order to allow you to do this instantly. If for any reason, that link is not there, please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “unsubscribe” (making sure you use the email address you originally shared with us when you first signed up).
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
Please contact us directly at email@example.com if you would like any of the following:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Right to Lodge a Complaint:
For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member country where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live. We would however appreciate if you could get in touch with us first by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can help you rectify any issues first. Do also remember you can always unsubscribe instantly by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be ever guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Career Concierge Limited, 105 Marina, TN38 0BP St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom.